Monday, February 22, 2010

All My Colours

Someone in the Echo & the Bunnymen camp recently put these old 16mm film clips (featuring late drummer Pete de Freitas and the rest of the band bopping around Florence in the early eighties) together with a live recording of the song "Zimbo (All My Colours)." The result is dark and evocative:



Lest I come off as entirely nostalgic and dated, here's Nouvelle Vague and Echo & the Bunnymen's Ian McCulloch perwhoring the same song just last summer:



Did I just type perwhoring? I did. Not sure I meant it, though.

2 comments:

  1. You weren't kidding about leaving FB. Glad I can still follow along over here. In a totally, non-threatening, non-stalking kind of way of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making the leap off the pages of the book of face with me, Tammy. Though I'll probably end up back at Facebook now and then (especially when it's time to drum up initial sales of my book), I am serious about getting Facebook out of my head. I'm working on an essay/blog post about quitting, and I hope to publish it on Friday, after I've graded my last paper of the week.

    Let me know if you'd like me to add your blog to my links list. And keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete